...a beachers tidal thoughts...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

pleasant portugal

well it has been far too long since I wrote on my blog, I guess with limited time and a ticking price tag on internet I havenºt had the chance to sit down for long enough to get to my blog!

many exiciting things have happend over the past few weeks. southern France was beautiful and I loved the opportunity to use my long lost second language. I was relieved to see that it came back rather quickly and the locals LOVED that I was able to communicate with them so well! Spain was something else, Barcelona I think was far to hyped up for me... and thus left me feeling dissapointed. Although we did stay at an amazing hostel (Kabul - highly recommend, free dinner!) the city had some highlights but not what I was expecting. Sevilla and Valencia were two smaller Spanish cities we stopped through that I really enjoyed... had a wonderfully spanish feel with beautiful architecture and great food! I have to say though, the Portuguese are by far the most friendly and by lingual bunch of the europeans Iºve meet thus far. The beaches in Lagos were spectacular, and Lisbon and Porto have been wonderful cities to wander, drink coffee and devour delicious pastries! Were heading back to northern spain tomorrow to visit San Sabastian, known for the beaches and party night life, so it should be really fun, but sadly our last beach destination!

Other news that came my way recently was my acceptance to the University of London - Kings College for the Masters in Public Health Program. After receiving the boot from SFU I was really discouraged, but for some reason felt the inclination to look into my own current backyard at uni of London and found a wonderful program and professor. After a stressful and quick application I was accepted and will be starting in the fall! It seems a strange twist of fate that SFU didntº accept although Kings College has a better program, as well jsut the simple fact that I found myself in that particular city in the first place. If I had not been a nanny in London the thought would have never crossed my mind to apply to the University of London. So wether it be fate, coincidence, or pure chance I dont care, Iºm just so excited to have the opportunity to study at such a great school in an area I am certain will be a life long interest.

As usual my time is running short on the computer and must bow out before Iºm cut off. But I miss home terribly and look forward to a now earlier return. As of this morning I will fly home August 13th and look forward to giving my whole family and all my friends a huge hug! As well Iºm really looking forward to days out on the boat wakeboarding and living the beach dream! until next time... cheers

1 Comments:

  • Yay!! Congratulations Gill!! That's so good to hear..I knew you'd do it!
    My bad if it was me that hyped up Barcelona for ya..did you go to the beach? or those bars along the water? I guess it was that and the weather and the relaxation I felt while I was there that I loved so much.
    Anyway, keep havin fun and I'll talk to ya soon!!
    xoxox

    By Blogger Amy Pye, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home