...a beachers tidal thoughts...

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

back luck comes in packages...

so i've been slightly MIA the past few weeks - things are still busy in London, but slowing down as the last week of work comes to a close. I had a rough few days with bad news and unlucky events. First was the big one - didn't get into grad school. I put all my eggs into one SFU basket and lost, so if anything i've learnt never to do that again. At first I was really upset - what am going to do with my life?? i thought i was the perfect candidate?? then after a few days i realized, i'm only 22 - what am I so stressed out about?? So I have resolved to learn from this application experience and enjoy another year of academic freedom!

For those that know me well I am an obessive planner - and I didn't waist a minute once I found out the reshuffle of my fall lifestyle. I started looking into jobs - but I have to say, a health sci degree on its own doens't get you too far. I did manage to get my old prison job back though! So back behind the bars I will go in september! I was relieved and excited to work at ACCW again - there was never a dull moment and really puts things into perspective - life is never has hard as it may seem. I also decided that perhaps another volunteer abroad session was a good goal to work towards. I have decided to change organizations, purely for a cheaper and different perspective on volunteering. It has come down to a battle between Costa Rica and Peru. The programs in Costa Rica look fantastic, and the idea of spending my days off on the beach surfing?? not too rough,

Overall I had just had a rough week - and I think once you're in that mindset you let everything appear that way. Its a bit scary actually. But I'm happy to say that I'm looking forward to a change of pace. Ever since May 2006 I have been on the go constantly... lived on 3 continents in under 4 months, worked in 3 different countries, survived a tropical disease and come august will have probably set foot on about 15 countries... thats ridiculous.

I leave for Palermo Sicily in a week - viva italia!

2 Comments:

  • Gilll! Costa Rica would be amazing. There were about a million cockroaches-everywhere- just to warn you but it was seriously beautiful! You'll have to practice your Spanish if you go to Spain. Jealous again! And they have amazing surfing... great plan. Have a great time on your upcoming Euro travels. After Ghana, trust me, you can handle it. Avoid what they call couchettes (worst trains ever so if you get stuck on one you should just get really drunk to make it go faster!) I expect some wild stories and I'm excited for your next year off!

    By Blogger Kate, at 4:14 PM  

  • We'd love to have you come help our non-profit foundation in Costa Rica! You can check it out at http://mytropicaladventure.com. Best of luck with your planning!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home