...a beachers tidal thoughts...

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

and.... i'm off!

after preparing and organizing for a very eventful 2007 I finally start my travels tomorrow! I will be heading off to Accra, Ghana for a week - then up to Kumasi which is 5 hours north of the coast. I will be working with the Africa Hope Foundation of Ghana (AHFOGH) for 2 months doing HIV AIDS awareness work. I'm so excited I can't even begin to express myself properly but I know it will be the experience of a lifetime!

The city I will be living in; Kumasi is in the Ashanti region, home to one of the most well established kingdoms in pre-colonial Africa. It has a rich history and culture and is known for it inviting and friendly atmosphere.

The local language of the Ashanti region is "Twi" - and I'm hoping that my bi-lingual past will come in handy while trying to pick it up. The curency is cedi.. and they will have recently introduced a new "cedi" due to terrible inflation,

Ghana is known for its spectacular beaches, very friendly public, and full of culture and tradition;


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home